cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Services login failure after restart

Rich_Knapke
Level 2
I have BE 10.0 rev 5484 running on W2K3 server. This server is a domain controller and terminal server. Every time I reboot the server or restart the BE services i have to reenter the password for the services. The services are using the domain admin account. After reentering the password for the services, they will start right up and everything is fine until the next reboot or restart of services. I read a post by another person with the same problem and one suggestion was to put the bestart.bat into my startup but i would rather let the services start automatically.
Has anyone found a solution to this problem?
Thanks in advance for your help.
Rich
4 REPLIES 4

Asma_Tamboli
Level 6
Hi,

Does this happen in spite of the starttype of the services being set to Automatic?

NOTE : If we do not receive your reply within two business days, this post would be marked assumed answered and would be moved to answered questions pool.

Rich_Knapke
Level 2
It doesn't matter what startup type i set. It happens with every reboot and service restart.
Thanks
Rich

priya_khire
Level 6
Hello,

Since when does the problem occur? Do the services stop after the reboot? If yes, which are the services that stop?Do you get any error message when this happens?

In backup exec, go to the tab 'network-logon accounts and modify the account with the password there.
Revert if the issue persists.

Note : If we do not receive your reply within two business days, this post would be marked �assumed answered� and would be moved to �answered questions� pool.

Regards.

Rich_Knapke
Level 2
I think the problem has been resolved. I think this is what the problem was. We renamed the admin account to administrator.xxx. The default account in the network-logon account screen was set to domain\administrator. I changed it to say domain\administrator.xxx. I also changed the account type from restricted to common. At that point i was able to restart the services without the logon failure message. I won't be able to reboot for a little while but this is a good sign and i think i will be fine.
Thanks for your help.
Rich