cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SharePoint 2007 listed in UI

SteveHoot
Level 2
All,

After spending so much time chasing Symantec for an answer on SharePoint 2007 I gave up. Just installed 7170 today for the long awaited Exchange 2007 support. Flicked through the backup options on a new job and in the SharePoint slide it states:

"Note: These options only apply to MIcrosoft SharePoint Portal Server 2003 and 2007."

Thinking that this was a sign that MOSS 2007 was support I tried to do a backup. No luck, so thought I must be doing something wrong. Phone up support, waited over an hour and the technican said (after researching for 10 minutes) that it's not on the compatibility list as of yet.

But it's listed in the GUI?

Please Symantec - is there any news yet? (When it was RTM'd in November..?!?!)

Steve.
3 REPLIES 3

Patty_McGowan
Level 6
Employee
Hi Steve,

I wish I could give you the exact date that SPS 2007 will be supported, I just do not have that information.

What I can tell you is it is in the GUI since we knew it was coming and support for it is in the works.

Patty

SteveHoot
Level 2
Thanks for the prompt reply Patty.

Don't think anyone is expecting a guarenteed date, but a rough approximation would be nice.
Considering customers pay for support and updates, and SharePoint 2007 has been released for 6 months now we should be entitled to at least know the rough progress!

Thanks again,

Steve.

Patty_McGowan
Level 6
Employee
I understand Steve.

I can tell you that they are testing this and are working very hard to get it released.

If I am given a better time estimate I will let you know.

Patty