cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sharepoint Error on backup

Jim_Federico
Level 2
We Have Backup Exec 11d for SBS Premium and we are not being able to back up our Sharepoint. Here are the errors that I am getting. We have Sharepoint set to be backed up but jsut dose not want to.

Job ended: Friday, July 06, 2007 at 11:17:02 PM Completed status: Failed Final error: 0xe0009418 - Access to a device was not authorized with this edition of Backup Exec.

Final error category: Other Errors

For additional information regarding this error refer to link V-79-57344-37912

Errors

The error below is what we're getting for Slater Moffat's backup:

Click an error below to locate it in the job log

Backup- \\SLATMOFF235-SRV\Microsoft Information Store\First Storage Group Access to the device companyweb152\Team DB 1

(SLATMOFF-SRV\SHAREPOINT\STS_SLATMOFF-SRV_1) is not authorized with this edition of the product.

3 REPLIES 3

SRodriguez
Level 6
Employee Accredited
Jim:

Are you running Sharepoint Portal Server (SPS) or Sharepoint Services?  Because the license included in the SBS is for Sharepoing Services.  If you are running SPS, you have two options:
1) you will need to get a standard (non-SBS) version of BEWS license as well as a SPS license.
2) backup the sharepoint database through the SQL selections.

Regards,

Sandra Rodriguez
Advanced Technical Support Engineer

Jim_Federico
Level 2
Ya we are just are just backing up Sharpoint Services and have it selected in SQL. But still no luck.

Jim_Federico
Level 2
Am I going to get an anwser. All we are backing up are the services. Why would it not work and tell me that I do not have the right version.

Message Edited by Jim Federico on 07-23-200710:59 AM