cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sharepoint Redirected Restore (Backup Exec 11d) Creates Empty Directory

Eric_Jones
Level 2
I am trying to restore a small number of files from a Sharepoint Site backup and everything seems to work perfectly. I can select the correct files, the job stages and runs and I get a successful completion. The correct directory structure is even created on the redirection drive, but there are no files restored. I get empty directories.

I have tried this several times with the same results. I don't want to experiment too much as the jobs take many hours to run and ties up the drive, but I'm willing to try anything that sounds reasonable to work around this issue.

We are running build 6235

Message Edited by Eric Jones on 04-30-200702:22 PM

3 REPLIES 3

Jared_S_
Level 6
Employee
Hi Eric -

I have a couple questions regarding your issue to help you.

Is your restore being performed from a Full GRT enabled backup of Sharepoint?
Here is a document to further explain:

Redirected restores require that the restore target SPS farm exist and be of the same configuration as the farm being restored. Is this true?
Here is a tech note that may be of use to you - it is the Best Practices Guide for Sharepoint and 11d

If both are true then you may need to contact support to further troubleshoot.

I hope this helps!

- Jared

Eric_Jones
Level 2
Yes to both questions. The restore is being attempted from a Full GRT enabled backup of Sharepoint. As I said, I can select all the individual files down to specific documents to restore.

The target farms exists and its current configuration has not changed since the backup was made.

As I stated, the backup and restore complete successfully, but the restored directories are empty. There is no indication why Backup Exec chose not to write any files after staging them.

Dennis_Thornton
Level 6
This sounds strangely similar to a problem I've been working on with DFS backup/restores.