cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sharepoint Services 2003

Davide_Verzer1
Level 2
I have Windows 2003 Server with SP Services 2003 (Not portal Server) and SQL 2000. I have installed Veritas Windows Backup Exec 10 and Sharepoint agent.

I open a Veritas Backup Exec software, I select the backup menu from the bar on the top. At this point from the screen i expand the "locally selection" voice but below the three folder i cannot see a "sharepoint resource" voice.

Please, Do you have any information about my problem?
5 REPLIES 5

priya_khire
Level 6
Hello,

It seems you are unable to see the "sharepoint resource" in local selections. You can follow the steps provided in the following technote and verify if it helps:

Title: Integrated IIS Security must be enabled in order for Backup Exec to authenticate to SharePoint Portal Server
http://support.veritas.com/docs/274304

In case the above does not correspond to your problem or if it does not help you, do write back to the forums.
However if we do not receive your update within two business days, this post would be marked ‘assumed answered’ and would be moved to ‘answered questions’ pool.

Regards.

Davide_Verzer1
Level 2
Hello,

I verified integrated IIS security (i have followed docs 274304).

Default web site and admin sharepoint site have checked only integrated security but i am unable to see "sharepoint resource".

_Veritas backup exec work only with sharepoint portal server 2003 or it work also with sharepoint services 2003? (I installed only sharepoint services 2003)

_If Veritas backup Exec work also with sharepoint services 2003 how i can solve "sharepoint resource problem"?

Regards

tejashree_Bhate
Level 6
Hello,

It seems that you have posted this same query in the following thread.

http://forums.veritas.com/discussions/post!reply.jspa?threadID=49421
As we have already replied to the above post,marking this post as asumed answered.

Thanks

tejashree_Bhate
Level 6
Has 2 posts for the same query ,and as Priya has already answered to his post,marking this post as asumed answered

terry_Bentley
Level 2
We are experiencing this same problem as this person. We have read the Doc 274304 and have the IIS portion setup correctly but are still unable to get the sharepoint agent to see my sharepoint server. It is asking for the farm name (which it is not in a farm - only one server). Please advise as we really need to get his backed up since it has production data.

We have called support on Friday and still waiting on a call back because they had to research the problem.