cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sharepoint WSS V3 - Real World Scenario

PC_2
Level 3
Hi,

I have a test WSS V3 setup, base senarion before more servers are added, but I can't back it up.....

2 x W2003 32-bit web servers using https for general access and NLB - sharepoint.domain.com
  servers are box1.domain.com and box2.domain.com
1 x W2003 32-bit SQL 2005 server - sqlbox.domain.com

WSS works fine.

Backup is carried out from Bex 11d on W2003 64-bit with all patches up to 14. A private non-routable gigabit network is normally used for backups.

I can backup any individual server's files and SQL directly without problems.

In job selections MS Sharepoint Farms is an option. If I create a new job and add a new Sharepoint Farm as 'sharepoint.domain.com' it can be saved and submitted. Looked at later the expanded selection shows 2 Server farms, Server Farm 1 = sharepoint.domain.com, Server Farm 2 = box1, box2 (short names).

The only thing that gets backed up - or is selectable is  - \\box1\Search Instance\Index Files. Any other sub-selection gives the 'directory or file was not found, or could not be accessed' error and the account selection dialog. The account used is a domain admin account and is the only account used in setting up all of the above.

Does anyone have a similar working setup?

2 REPLIES 2

Michael_Ellis_2
Level 5
You do have the SharePoint plugin enabled?  Your setup is simular to mine and I can only backup SharePoint as a farm if it is installed all on the same server.  I have a ticket open and have been working it for two weeks with no luck.

Casey_Sterling
Level 4
I am having the exact same issue:
"The only thing that gets backed up - or is selectable is  - \\box1\Search Instance\Index Files. "