cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sharing Dedup storage between 2012 MBES servers + CASO

TomFox
Level 2

Hi,

I have a question concerning how to share dedup storage between two MBES servers;

Old configuration - A single 2012 BE server:

• Fibre attached to a SAN that hosts a DEDUP lun of 9 TB
  • Fibre attached to a SAN that holds all VMFS volumes
  • Backup/transport goes over the SAN/FC-SW - agentless

New configuration - Added a 2012 CASO - Added an 2012 MBES - Upgraded the existing 2012 BES to an 2012 MBES

I've created a pool that holds both MBES servers, and created jobs on the CASO that are directed to that server pool.

So now I want to share the existing DEDUP disk between my two MBES servers, so the CASO can delegate the jobs to a new 'storage pool'. But for some reason I can't add my DEDUP disk to a disk pool? I've provived access for both MBES servers through FC-SW to the same DEDUP lun. And I shared the DEDUP lun between the servers.

But still all my jobs are being delegated to the single MBES server that hosts the DEDUP disk. Is it possible to share DEDUP disks between MBES servers? Make a pool of different DEDUP disks, available to all MBES servers? And how is it done?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

TomFox
Level 2

Nevermind, problem fixed. After sharing the Dedup folders, the CASO delegates all jobs.

So when I create 4 backup jobs and select the MBES server pool and a dedup store, the CASO delegates 2 jobs to MBES 1, and two jobs to MBES 2.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

pkh
   VIP    Certified

I have not heard of a device pool of dedup folders.  If I am not mistaken, this is not possible.

You can share the dedup folders, but I don't think you can put them in a device pool.

TomFox
Level 2

Damn. Can someone confirm this? I was hoping to use the CASO for job delegation. But if I can't pool the Dedup disk, I guess delegating jobs isn't possible?

TomFox
Level 2

Nevermind, problem fixed. After sharing the Dedup folders, the CASO delegates all jobs.

So when I create 4 backup jobs and select the MBES server pool and a dedup store, the CASO delegates 2 jobs to MBES 1, and two jobs to MBES 2.