cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Simple Way to Export Jobs Selection Lists

David_Jennings
Level 5
We have to move to 11d by the end of the week so I was wondering if there is a neat way to export the selection lists from our current jobs to a format that's readable for setting up the new server.  Having to manually select the files on the new servers is fine, just want to be able to have a more organized list than 10 different screen shots if possible.
3 REPLIES 3

Ken_Putnam
Level 6
Not that I am aware of.  We (the user base) have been asking for this ability since v7.0 that I know of.

You could add this on the Enhancements area

Unless you want to build out a new server from scratch, the upgrade should carry all local data forward (selection  lists, devices, job defs, schedules etc)

David_Jennings
Level 5
Thanks for the info Ken.  We're going with a clean install on a completely different server that can access the tape drives we have.  I've been pushing to get BE off of the Exchange servers for a couple of years now, taking this opportunity to do so. 

Looks like I have some fun ahead of me redoing all the selection lists that are relevant.  Best part is I have to do it all in a day, including removing all the old agents and pushing all the new ones (have to get it all done by 8 am Thursday). 

Ken_Putnam
Level 6
You can also migrate the install to a new machine by folowing the procedure in

Be sure to read the "Do Not Use If ..."  near the top