cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Slow throughput on Exchange Information Store

gointern
Level 3

Hey, I have Symantec Backup Exec 11d configured to backup Exchange Information Store. The rate that it backs it up at is: 138.00 MB/Min and takes about 5 hours to backup 42 GB database. Is there anything I could do to make it run faster? Any suggestions are really appreciated.

7 REPLIES 7

Ken_Putnam
Level 6

Are you backing up stores only, or are you also doing legacy mailbox backups?

gointern
Level 3

Just information store, no legacy mailbox backup. I know there are MAPI speed restrictions on that kind of backup.

Ken_Putnam
Level 6

does a flat file backup of the Exchange Server run significantly faster? 

gointern
Level 3

The files are excluded from the backup, but the files backups from the same partition is at rate: 1,128.00 MB/Min

gointern
Level 3

anybody?

Ken_Putnam
Level 6

The files are excluded from the backup, but the files backups from the same partition is at rate: 1,128.00 MB/Min

Ok, so it's not the hardware or the network.   The only other thing I can think of:  Are you doing the Exchange backups during the nightly Exchange Maintenance window?

if no, I can't  think if anything else.  You may be down to opening an incident  with Symantec |8^(

gointern
Level 3

The backup is running throughout the night so it is during exchange maintenance. However the job starts at 11 PM and runs at 230 MB/Min. I will probably give symantec support a call.