cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Small Business Agents

Level 2
I am currently running Small Business Server Standard V9.1 on a Windows SBS 2000 Server. When i ordered it i actually ordered the wrong version as I wanted the one with the SQL Agent. Is there a way to purchase this agent at this time. I am also looking for the Agent for a remote Server.
6 REPLIES 6

Level 3
Hi
yes. You cal always purchase separate licence for SQL and and other agent for a remote server.

Pls talk to the Sales Dept at veritas at 1-800-327-2232

thanx

Keith_Langmead
Level 6
The SBS version of Backup Exec, just like the SBS version of Windows Server, is designed purely for a standalone server environment, where you have one server in the office which does everything, therefore as far as I'm aware it doesn't support installation of remote agents for backing up remote servers.

My guess would be that you can't install any agents into an SBS installation, however, since from looking at prices I've got here I can see that a copy of the SQL Agent costs more than an entire copy of SBS Premium, if you can't get your copy changed from Standard to Premium, it would be cheaper for you to just ditch the current copy and buy a Premium copy, than it would be to buy a SQL agent in the hope that it will install.

Deepali_Badave
Level 6
Employee
Hello,

we want to know if the solution provided has helped you in getting resolve this issue?.

In addition:

There are two versions of Backup Exec for Windows Small Business Server available: Standard and Premium. The Standard version can be installed only on a computer with the Microsoft Small Business Server Standard Edition operating system. It includes the Backup Exec for Windows Servers Agent for Microsoft Exchange Server and the Intelligent Disaster Recovery Option. The Premium version can be installed on a computer with Microsoft Small Business Server for Windows Server 2003, Windows NT 4, or Windows 2000. It includes the Backup Exec for Windows Servers Agent for Microsoft Exchange Server, Agent for Microsoft SQL Server, and Intelligent Disaster Recovery (IDR) Option.

Please refer to the following technote for the detail infomation:-
Title:-
What are the differences between various editions of VERITAS Backup Exec (tm) 9.x for Windows Servers?
http://seer.support.veritas.com/docs/253755.htm

NOTE : If we do not receive your intimation within two business days,
this post would be 'assumed answered' and archived.

Regards,

Level 2
Unfortunately I had not had a whole lot of time to pursue any further. Also as far as the 2 Versions go after doing some digging I understand this but when I originally purchased it there was no real clear distinction on the Web site that I found. I am dealing with SBS 2000 which is only one version and comes with SQL so when I saw SBS Veritas I assumed that it would have the SQL component.

Deepali_Badave
Level 6
Employee
Hello,

Which SBS version are you going to use?

Thank you for updating us on this issue.

NOTE : If we do not receive your intimation within two business days, this post would be 'assumed answered' and archived.

Sheetal_Risbood
Level 6
As per our previous reply, marking the case as assumed answered and moving it to answered questions pool.