Did you mean: 

Sorting Catalog Listings by Date

Justin_Rundell
Level 2
Version information:

Microsoft Windows 2000 Server w/SP4
Backup Exec 9.1 w/SP3, Hotfix 52 and 54

Issue:

Under Restore->Source->Selections, in the left hand pane, when I click on a server the catalogs are not listed in any kind of order. I would like to sort the catalogs by date, if possible, for ease in looking for a server catalog when beginning a restore. Is there any way to do this? Thanks.
3 REPLIES 3

Deepali_Badave
Level 6
Employee
Hello,

- Select the media view in the restore selections
- Highlight any media created
- Right click on right pane and select "All file details"
- On right hand pane sort by date.

NOTE : If we do not receive your reply within two business days, this post would be marked assumed answered and would be moved to answered questions pool.

Justin_Rundell
Level 2
Ok, that worked in Media View. Is there any way to sort in Resource view, or am I limited to sorting by date only in Media view?

Also, I seem to remember reading somewhere that the catalog database should sort automatically by date in Resource view. I believe my database has gone through 2 or 3 BE upgrades. If it is the case that the catalogs should be sorting automatically, could the upgrades to the database be one of the reasons why it is not sorting? Would it be beneficial to blow away the catalog database and recreate it fresh?

Sharvari_Deshmu
Level 6
Hello,

From Backup Exec -> Restore -> Right click the server name
1. Select Media view -> It will show the restore with media name and the
date.
2. In the Resource view, restore selections are listed by the resource from which they were
backed up.
3. You can also initiate the restore from the media tab.
It will directly open the restore window by required catalogs already
selected.
Please refer the following technote for more information.
Title : How to initiate a operation from the tab in
Backup Exec for Windows NT and Windows 2000
http://seer.support.veritas.com/docs/236258.htm
4. You can use Backup Exec -> Edit -> Search Catalogs to find the required file in the catalog.

Thanks,

NOTE : If we do not receive your reply within two business days, this post would be marked assumed answered and would be moved to answered questions pool.