cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Stop brick level so the job will complete

jennifer_bogut_
Level 3
OK�..UNCLE�..this new Veritas version is just too buggy, I still have no good BU this week.

If I want to stop the brick level backups � trusting in the ability to recover a single mailbox with Exchange 2003 � do I uncheck all of the mailboxes and only check the Information Store in the selection list?

I have done my backups this way forever and a day so I have to ask how NOT to - sorry to sound like a newbie! LOL.

I am so dissappointed in Veritas for rel;asing this in this condition, ever since Symantec took over it's been all downhill. And I have been a loyal user of both technologies for years..............
8 REPLIES 8

Bradley_Willads
Level 5
Employee Accredited Certified
Jennifer,

How are you perfming brick level backups right now? Are you selecting the Individual mailboxes, like you were in previous versions, or are you using the new GRT functionality (which is enabled on the Exchange options page in the Backup Job with the checkbox "Enable the restore of individual mail messages and folders from Information Store backup").

Also, what errors are you experincing during your brick level backups. I would like the opportunity to help you in resoloving those backup issues.

jennifer_bogut_
Level 3
LOL - sorry.....but I assume you are joking abut using the GRT....since I cannot get a backup to work with that checked.

I am selecting each of my 600+ mailboxes individually.

I get the same error as everyone else....access denied, blah blah blah.

Also, when I create a new job the start date is 1 week out and I cannot get it to start the same day without forcing it myself.

I cannot even run the IDR wizard since I have not had a complete backup since I installed the upgrade 1 week ago! I desperately WANT to use GRT, trust me, but it seems like it doesn't work at all.

Bradley_Willads
Level 5
Jennifer,

What issues are you seeing when you run your GRT backups? I'll check to see if the patch we're releasing in the very near future will resolve the issues you're seeing.

Access denied from the brick level backups can be caused by several factors:
1. The backup user doesn't have rights to the object/mailbox.
2. Another program (typically AV or Spam filtering software) is accessing the data at the same time, or scanning the items when we rerieve them. Shutting down this feature during backups usually helps.
3. The item itself is corrupt.

I'm not sure on the schedule issue you're seeing. Is the job just not running? Is it saying it was missed? Please provide more details on this.

jennifer_bogut_
Level 3
V-79-57344-33928
V-79-57344-65033

Account has all the access it needs - always did.

I have initialized it's mailbox with Outlook.

My SAV filtering is fine - again, always has been

LOL - good try on the corruption.....but no.

Schedule just will not start for any day sooner than 1 week form the time I set it up, it has the correct effecitve date and the time window does NOT read "the following day"....I look at the job monitor and it says to run the job 1 week out from today.

Like I said - same problems everyone else is having.

Bradley_Willads
Level 5
Jennifer,

Are the Access Denied messages occurring on individual mail items, or on user mailboxes?

As for the schedule issue, I am assuming your choosing "Reocurring Week Days", for the days it needs to run on. If thats the case, in the calendar view when configuring the schedule, does it have the correct days checked?

Can you please go into detail on which options you're selecting for your schedule so that I can try and reproduce it inhouse?

jennifer_bogut_
Level 3
If you would just ask me everything you want to know I would happily answer you all at once, do you want a log attached or something?

First of all - please answer my question about making the selections

Here are your answers:

1. Mailboxes and Publicx Folder directories
2. Yes I am and yes they are

Bradley_Willads
Level 5
I don't like asking for logs, because some people are hesitant in posting that information publicly. If you wouldn't mind posting your backup job log, I would like to see it. If you want to provide your email address, I'll be willing to assist you outside the forums.

jennifer_bogut_
Level 3
I prefer to email logs privately:

jb@"nospam"oakknoll.org

remove the "nospam" part for the correct email address.