cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Strange Backup Problem

Geejaybee
Level 4

have a TL2000 with 2xLTO4 tape drives each connected to a 1950 server via one port on a dual-port SAS5e card. Things have been working fine until about 3 weeks ago when multi-tape backups started to fail on verify phase with device timeout. It has always been the same drive (different tapes/lib slots) and had been written to  during the same job. The same drive is able to backup and verify jobs that do not extend past 1 tape. The Bexec ADAMM log shows errors moving the tape from the library (timeouts) and the System event log shows LSI SAS errors.

I have updated all the system/library and tape firmware and drivers and applied all avail bexec hotfixes via livesupdate. I have installed the latest Symantec device drivers and deleted and reinstated the library and drives from both bexec and windows. The only anomoly I can see is that the "unknown medium changer" is showing twice in windows device manager even after being deleted and redetected on reboot.

I havent called this in yet as the drive is able to complete some jobs and am unsure where the problem lay.

0 REPLIES 0