cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Successful Backup, Can't Restore, No Snapshot or Tape in Restore

cmeyer
Level 2

Our file server has a C: & E: drive as well as several other server that backup in a Full System Save.  The backup job complete's successfully 1.2TB and everything can be restored except the E: drive of the file server.  When I try to catalog it says I need to inventory the tapes.  After I inventory the tapes and then run a catalog, I get messages about problems with the catalog of that job.

There is nothing listed for the E: drive on the 18th which should match the Full of the C: drive.

I have rebuilt the backup job, changed partitions, repushed the client.

5 REPLIES 5

Ken_Putnam
Level 6

Any possibility that a later job is overwriting the E: INCR?

cmeyer
Level 2

There is that possibility, but No other jobs have used those tapes at this point.  The 4 tapes used for this job are part of a 23 tape partition.  Of the 4 tapes all of them can be used to restore from media unless the tape was strictly filled by data from the E: drive.  If the tape had data from other sources as well then only those pieces are available to restore from and not the E: drive of the file server.

cmeyer
Level 2

This has been an ongoing problem for 3 weeks now.  This job only runs once a week because it is a full save.  This time I was able to inventory and catalog the tapes, but now I get a "Media Label" missing.  Obviously, I'm looking for a perminant fix so do I need to delete catalogs, rebuild server, or I don't know what.  I do not want to have to re-inventory and catalog every week.

Hemant_Jain
Level 6
Employee Accredited Certified

From the screenshot, it appears 0000281(missing), which means we dont have this media label in the database. Can you check if it is there, or shows offline for some reason. YOu may want to run re-inventory on media.

cmeyer
Level 2

281 inventories and catalog's without errors.