Did you mean: 

Superseding jobs not working as expected

Jan_Gruyaert
Level 3

I created a job with the following schedule:

- daily full backup @ 1pm every week day
- weekly full backup @ 1pm every Friday
- monthly full backup @ 1 pm every last workday of the month

Whenever the last working day is a Friday the schedule operates as expected: the monthly backup runs. The weekly & daily backups are superseded.
However when the last working day is not a Friday the scheduler tries to run both the daily and the monthly backup. I expect it to run the monthly backup and supersede the daily backup.
Am I missing something here?

4 REPLIES 4

Colin_Weaver
Employee Accredited Certified
the monthly should supersede the daily so if this is definitely your setup (Start times the same, monthly frequency less than daily) then I suggest you log a formal support case.

Donald_Eady
Level 6
Employee Accredited

Jan,

Would you be able to post screen shots of your backup job that shows the stages and scheduling. This case would be easiest resolved by establishing a webex with a TSA, as mentioned above by Colin it is suggested that you create a formal support case. If you would like to PM your case number i would be more than happy to assist you in resolving the issue. 

Jan_Gruyaert
Level 3
Attached three screenshot. One showing the stages and two showing the calendar. One that shows daily and monthly scheduled to run simultaniously on a Thursday (last working day of January. The second one shows the schedule on a Friday (last working day of March) with a schedule for daily, weekly & monthly where the daily and weekly gets correctly superseded.

Donald_Eady
Level 6
Employee Accredited

Thanks for the screen shot Jan... I recieved your PM and will be contacting you shortly