cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Symantec Backup 2012 Sp4 hang on WMI

TMCMG
Level 2

Hi,

At one of our customers we have a Problem with Symantec Backup 2012 SP4.

Backup hang on System?state / WMI on full backup and inkremmental. No Errors only stay by System?state / WMI after 11 hours i stop the job.

if i start a short backup with only system?state the backup runs normaly.

Server: 2008 R2 all Updates. Symantec Backup 2012 SP4 full Updates.

Re Register VSS dlls

restart Servers

Re Install Symantec Agent

delete Jobs

Im seraching this weeckend but i have not found the error.

Have anybody fix this error ?

4 REPLIES 4

VJware
Level 6
Employee Accredited Certified

See if this helps - https://www-secure.symantec.com/connect/forums/wmi-writer-fails-during-freeze-operation

Additionally, capturing SGmon debug during the backup operation will also help in narrowing down the cause.

TMCMG
Level 2

Unfortunately I have tested this on the weekend no change

i run sgmon this afternoon

JJ-007
Level 2
Partner

We have same problem. Have search and read plenty of articles but nothing seems to fit for his problem. After about 48 hours the backup finish and say successfull. Why can Symantec fix this problem??wmi backup problem.PNG

matthew_lee1
Level 3

Hi.  I have the same set up and the same issues for one of my servers and I would like to add a few comments.

If the backup storage is a Tape drive, it never had the problem and would finish in around 2 hours and 15 minutes.

If the backup storage is a NAS, it would hang at WMI around 2 hours time, but somehow it would change to Verifying around the 17th hour and would finish in around 17 hours and 15 minutes.

Is it reasonable?  Of course not!  However the backup job is done during weekends so it has very little impact to my workplace.