cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Symantec Backup Exc 15 license

JonathanAnon
Level 0

I have a similar issue to what is described in the article below.

https://www.veritas.com/support/en_US/article.000100786

But I am running Feature Pack 5, and I do not have the same menu options as described in the article.
Following the instructions in the article, I click on the Backup Exec button and choose Configuration and Settings then Backup Exec Settings. The article says to then click on Virtual Machines, but I don't have this option.

Currently there are two issues that are caused by this problem:
1. Firstly there are snapshots left over every evening when the backup has finished. These must be merged using the powershell commands described in the article above. 
2. Secondly, when I come in to work in the morning the Virtual Switch no longer works for the two VMs (so they are disconnected from the LAN until I take action). To get the VMs back on to the LAN, I have to delete the old Virtual Switch and create a new Virtual Switch and connect the VMs to this.

Is there any resolution for this? 

1 REPLY 1

Colin_Weaver
Employee Accredited Certified

1) You have to actually change BE to use the Standard method to stop Hyper-V snapshots being left behind - and if they are still left behind after this then you need to investigate on the Hyper-V side (event logs etc) not the BE side. If you can't change to standard method because you can't see the option then try removing the BE 15 Capacity/V-Ray/Virtual agent licences completely to take it back to trailware. If you still can't set standard then you may need to log a formal support case.

2) This is a Hyper-V issue and not something BE is directly responsible for - as all BE does is requests a snaphot, backup via the snapshot we do not touch the network settings etc of the VMs.