cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Symantec Backup Exec 12.5 - Ralus

gewillig
Level 2

Hi all,

I have a Windows Server 2003 with Symantec Backup Exec 12.5 installed.

I have a Linux server where RALUS has been installed.

I do see my Linux server appearing in the Symantec Backup but I can't browse in it.
It each time gives follwoing error : "An error was encountered while attempting to browse the contents of SERVER. The logon account that was provided does not have valid credentials. Ensure that the user name and password are correct, and then try again.

I have 2 users that I can use, "root" and "account1", both are a member of the groups "root" and "beoper"

In the logon credentials I have tried following usernames : "root" - "SERVER\root" - "root@SERVER" - "account1" - "SERVER\account1" - "account1@SERVER"

Despite which one I try, I always receive the same error message.

When I logon on the Linux server with one of the accounts with Putty, I don't have issues to log in.

Does anyone have an idea how to fix this?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

pkh
   VIP    Certified

Unfortunately, so.  Even if you upgrade to BE 2010, it only support SUSE Enterprise Server 11, not openSUSE.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

pkh
   VIP    Certified

1) What is the version of the Linux that you are using?  Check that it is a supported version.  See the SCL below.

BE 12.5 Software (SCL)

2) On the Linux server, make sure that the ralus is started.

/etc/init.d/VRTSralus.init start

gewillig
Level 2

We have openSUSE version 11.1 installed, in the supported versions it only goes to V10 ... does this mean that I'm screwed ??

pkh
   VIP    Certified

Unfortunately, so.  Even if you upgrade to BE 2010, it only support SUSE Enterprise Server 11, not openSUSE.