Symantec Backup Exec 12 SP4 - Robotic Device Always in use but not really

mauro_asy
Level 2

hi i'm Mauro
I have a problem with a device Fujitsu Siemens Autoloader
Model TX24 FiberCAT
I think the internal device is an HP Ultrium 3
My problem is this:
After a new clean install of SBES 12 with SP4 e Live Update on a Windows 2003 server.
Local SQL Express istance, and symantec drivers, as default prompt.
When start SBES and do to device view, the library autoloader device and the backup device, are always in use and does not accept any command.
as for example the request to make an inventory of cartdriges to proceed with the creation of the media set!!!
I also tried everything .... for example to change drivers manually!!!
but is always in use
Made total reset and reboot but it's always in use
can 'someone help me?
License are for SBES 12 and DLO
robotic library is checked

Reagrds Mauro
4 REPLIES 4

CraigV
Partner    VIP    Accredited
Hi Mauro,

make sure the Removable Storage service is stopped and disabled...it doesn't work really well with BE.
Open up Backup Exec and go into Devices. Right-click your server, and choose the option to Pause your server. Give it 1 minute, unpause it and then try again.
Should this not work, run the Backup Exec Device Configuration Wizard and install the device drivers.
And finally...if the above doesn't work, completely uninstall the device:

1. Turn off the backup device, and remove it from Backup Exec and Device Manager.
2. If it has a SCSI cable, disconnect the  cable from the server, and then shut the server down.
3. Restart the server. Verify that the device doesn't show up in Windows Device Manager, or Devices in Backup Exec.
4. Once done, shut down the server, and reconnect the device if necessary. Turn on, and allow it to run through the start-up procedure.
5. Check that it shows up in Device Manager & Devices...
6. Try running an Inventory job, followed by a backup.

Post the results here...

AmolB
Employee Accredited Certified
Make sure that the robotic arm or the medium changer is using Microsoft drivers, In the device manager if your medium changer is showing

as unknown medium changer then it means its using Microsoft driver. Also configure your tape drives to use Symantec drivers. To update the

tape device driver run "tapeinst.exe" from X:\Program Files\Symantec\Backup Exec. Also refer to the below link...

http://support.veritas.com/docs/255501

AmolB
Employee Accredited Certified
Any Update on the above

mauro_asy
Level 2
No thanks.
Another days again and i will try.
Thanks Mauro