cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Symantec Backup Exec 2010 R2 with Exchange 2010

chewfoong
Level 2

Hi everyone,

recently, we just purchased backup exec 2010 R2, we would like to setup and backup our exchange server 2010. what i had done was

1. install backup exec 2010 on 64-bit server 2008 standard.

2. install all the licenses (including exchange agent) into the media server.

3. push install the client to my exchange server.

4. install the EMS into the media server.

what should i do next? i try to search online, but seem there is not much information about backing up the exchange 2010. i try to create a new task i could not found any mailbox in the option. i did found some information about DAG, do i really need a DAG on exchange then only i can backup the exchange 2010?

please point me to the correct direction, i been walking around for a months and not able to built the backup system, event the backup exec reseller do not have any idea on how to doing so.

thanks in advanced

2 REPLIES 2

RahulG
Level 6
Employee

You dot need a DAG to perform backup , Even if you don't have DAG you can backup your exchange server.

In the backup selection you would not see any mailboxes ,its just if you perform the granular backup(In the backup job properties make sure you have the GRT option selected ) then in the restore selection you can see the mailboxes

refer the following document http://www.symantec.com/business/support/index?page=content&id=HOWTO24102

have look ont he releated document as well

chewfoong
Level 2

Hi RahulG

thanks for the advised, i will give it a shot.