cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Writer Status Error in Backup Exec 12.5 on SBS 2008 FE SP2

Stanie01
Level 2

Many of the backups that are performed on the server are failing with this error:

Final Error: 0xe000fed1 - a failure occurred querying the writer status

Final Error: category: Resource Errors

Event ID 34113

I have run the command: VSSADMIN LIST WRITERS command and all of the writers came back as working.

The server has also been restarted and the problem still persists.

I have run Symantec Live Update many times and downloaded service pack 4 which did not help.

The following link that I followed the instructions to also didn’t help, this link was:

http://www.symantec.com/business/support/index?page=content&id=TECH64330

If anyone has an idea or anything that they think that could fix this issue, please feel free to post a comment.

Thanks

David S.

3 REPLIES 3

Larry_Fine
Level 6
   VIP   

Are you letting BE automatically select?  You may want to go into the Advanced Open File option and force it to use your desired writer.

pkh
   VIP    Certified

Maybe you can try re-registering the writer using the procedure below

http://www.symantec.com/business/support/index?page=content&id=TECH70486

Stanie01
Level 2

I let Backup Exec chose the default writer, I don't know what the writer should be, I have tried re-registering the writer which did not work.

After running live update and downloading the latest hotfixes, I restarted the server. Once the server had booted back up and the scheduled backup ran, i received an error stating that it failed.

What i discovered about this failure is that the error code has changed, it is now the following:

Final Error: 0x8002430c (2147754764)

Final Error Category: Other Errors

Event ID: 34113

And again

If anyone has an idea or anything that they think that could fix this issue, please feel free to post a comment.

Thanks,

David S,

Eitex Support Representative.

www.eitex.co.uk