cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Symantec Backup Exec 2012 /DLO downgrade to 2010.

mwiszniewski
Level 2
Partner

Dear all,

I have the customer who wants to buy BE2012 (Server+ vmware/hyper-v agent) and want to downgrade it to BE2010. As I know it is possible and this is not a problem. But he is asking about dektop laptop agent. As I know in BE 2010 desktop and laptop option was connected to media server and could be managed from BE console - now it is separately application. Is it possible to do this kind of downgrade to manage BE Server + agent for vmware and DLO from one console?

Thanks in advance,

Maciej Wiszniewski 

3 REPLIES 3

Colin_Weaver
Employee Accredited Certified

a) are you aware the BE 2010 R3 goes into Partial Support very soon meaning no more updates/fixes?

b) are you aware that BE 2014 is released which might be a better option for the customer than a downgrade?

To answer your question I would suggest install BE 2010 R3 without DLO and then use the latest version of DLO as a separate product (sorting out the appropriate licenses of course). If you do it this way then any future upgrade of Backup Exec will be easier as you won't have to play with DLO again.

CraigV
Partner    VIP    Accredited

Hi,

Not really a question for these forums. I would suggest you contact the Symantec licensing department to ask this.

While I have seen people being able to downgrade, they may/may not allow this now with BE 2014 having being released this week. They are the subject experts on this matter.

Thanks!

VJware
Level 6
Employee Accredited Certified

DLO is not included with BE 2012 and instead became a separate product (SDLO 7.x) Downgrading BE 2012 to BE 2010 will not downgrade the DLO.

If your customer is now using SDLO 7.x and wants to downgrade to BE-DLO, then it would be considered more of an uninstall of SDLO and then reinstalling BE-DLO.