cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Symantec Backup Exec for Windows System Recovery Option

David_Glasgow
Level 3
Guys

Any one got any info on how this works with BE11d?  I have been searching hi and low on the Symantec website and can't find anything of use.

What I want to know is that if purchased as an option, is the job fully managed from within the BE Console, or do you still have to use the System Recovery console on each server?

Also when purchased as an option for BE, is it the full product, or it is missing features like the convert to Virtual Disk Etc?

Thanks

David
5 REPLIES 5

amaxi
Level 3

Hi There

What I want to know is that if purchased as an option, is the job fully managed from within the BE Console, or do you still have to use the System Recovery console on each server?

Backup Exec System Recovery is a separate option. It has no integration with Backup Exec. You still have to use the BESR console to manage.

Also when purchased as an option for BE, is it the full product, or it is missing features like the convert to Virtual Disk Etc?

When BESR is purchased it is the full product.

Patty_McGowan
Level 6
Employee
Thank you amaxi.

That is correct.

Barnaby
Level 3
Employee
When you buy Backup Exec System Recvoery Option it will NOT be full featured. It will have the main functions and will include physcial to virtual and different hardware restore.

David_Glasgow
Level 3
Any ideas what it is imissing?

Patty_McGowan
Level 6
Employee
David,

If you purchase it as an option with Backup Exec this is what you will get:

This is the link for the full purchase out side of Backup Exec for Windows Systems:

Hopefully that will clear up any confusion on the BESR.

Patty