cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Symantec IDR Issue after system state restore fails

Clive_Hunt
Level 3
Intelligent Disaster Recovery.

Ok heres the deal... I had the intention to replace all the hard drives in my DC and then perform a DR from my BackupExec V10d using the IDR agent to get everything back up and running in a reasonable time.

I put the drives in the server, placed the CD in the tray and switched the server on.

The process kicked in and I was surprised to see that the procedure was looking good.

I performed the hard drive repartition and format and then proceeded with the base installation of Windows Server. After a few reboots are was presented with a screen saying that the system state would be restored for a previous tape which was in the LTO drive ready to go, so I accepted this selection.

The process started and I monitored both from the server end and from the backup server end and everything went fine until the restore reached 99% when any error message came up saying that there was a "communication error". The backup server screen had a message saying that the DC server needed to be rebooted before it could continue - something to do with open files.

So I duly rebooted the DC. But now it appears that I receive a BSOD (Stop Screen) which says that the Boot Device is not Bootable.

Has anyone else been able to successfully use IDR for this manner?

TIA

Clive
1 REPLY 1

tejashree_Bhate
Level 6
Hello,

We request you restart with the IDR and press F6 and install the raid drivers and then continue with the restore process.

Hope this will help.

Note:- if we do not receive your reply within two business days, this post would be assumed answered and archived.