cancel
Showing results forΒ 
Search instead forΒ 
Did you mean:Β 

Symantech Backup Exec 12 for Windows Server

shakeelmo
Level 3
Certified

We have Symantech Backup Exec 12 for Windows server. privously there was othere administrator who used to look this servers. but now he left the Organization, Now I am taking care of Symantech Backup Exec 12 for Windows server.

Now here is the problem.

When I try to create new backup job from Symantech Backup Exec 12 its keep on asking me for " Your default logon account could not be Authenticated. The username or Password may be incorrect.Click ok to edit the default logon account." When I say ok its gives me Edit log screen windows and when I try to edit. it says " the date was not able to validated "

I have used different soluations provided here in Symantech connect and I still have the same problem.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

CraigV
Partner    VIP    Accredited

Hi,

Check the services.msc screen and then see what account your BE services are using. Check to see if this is a domain account. You could then reset the account in Active Directory, and then open up BEutility.exe and after right-clicking your server's name, choose the option to change the service account. Use the same service account, but use the changed password.

If this fails, then create a new account, and use BEutility to change the BESA to this account. Open up BE and then try creating a job either way.

Thanks!

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

CraigV
Partner    VIP    Accredited

Hi,

Check the services.msc screen and then see what account your BE services are using. Check to see if this is a domain account. You could then reset the account in Active Directory, and then open up BEutility.exe and after right-clicking your server's name, choose the option to change the service account. Use the same service account, but use the changed password.

If this fails, then create a new account, and use BEutility to change the BESA to this account. Open up BE and then try creating a job either way.

Thanks!

Backup_Exec1
Level 6
Employee Accredited Certified
Hi Please check the below link to resolve the issue, http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH82969 Thanks

shakeelmo
Level 3
Certified

Thank you so much CraigV and Backup-exec I appreciate your support.

I was able change the service account and it did not ask me for "Default logon account " error any more. However when I try to take a test backup with Medium and Higest priority and its running forever, its been more than 10 hours that test backup was not completed.

Please let me know; why this backup is taking forerver to complete.

Backup_Exec1
Level 6
Employee Accredited Certified

Hi

I would suggest to open a new thread for the new issue you have , for getting faster responses.

Thanks