cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

System State and Windows Server 2008

nickterry
Level 2
Partner

I've got Backup Exec 12.5 SBS Edition installed on a 2008 SBS Standard Server. I'm doing a full backup of the SBS and have included System State. The job fails with the following error:

----------

Backup- System?State

V-79-57344-65247 - A failure occurred reading an object.

Exceptions

Click an exception below to locate it in the job log
Backup- System?State WARNING: "System?State\System Files\System Files" is a corrupt file.

This file cannot verify.

Verify- System?State System?StateWARNING: "System Files" is a corrupt file.

This file cannot verify.

----------

I thought they had replaced System State with Shadow Copy Components in Windows Server 2003 so I was surprised to see it available for selection in Windows Server 2008. Does it need to be backed up if I'm backing up Shadow Copy Components? Is the above expected behaviour?

2 REPLIES 2

nickterry
Level 2
Partner

I'm surprised nobody has responded to what I thought might be a straight forward question. I was hoping that someone from Symantec might respond - does this new forum operate like the old one where Symantec/Veritas employees offer support or it is now strictly peer to peer help?

nickterry
Level 2
Partner

Looking at some of the other posts regarding these new forums it seems I'm not the only one who preferred the old system. Oh well, I guess it's one way for Symantec to encourage you to go for one of their support contracts.