cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

System State backup failing

bill_dunn
Level 3

The backup of one of our servers has started failing with the error message V-79-57344-65247 - A failure occurred reading an object. In the Exception window the log says "WARNING: "\\server\System?State\System Files is a corrupt file.  This file cannot verify.""

It seems there is some part of the System State on this server that is corrupt and backupexec is not able to successfully backup the system state.  Backupexec has no granularity within the system state so I can't narrow it down with selections.

When I try to backup the system state of this server I get a number of Errors in the Application log of the server.  I get 6 errors with event ID 57477.  The text of the message is "The operating system returned an unusual error while backing up the extended attributes or security information for the following directory:  C:\  This problem does not prevent the directory's contents from being successfully backed up."

Then I get one error with event ID 57476.  The text of that message is "The operating system returned an unusual error while backing up the following file:  C:\Windows\winsxs\Manifests\amd64_microsoft-windows-ieframe_31bf3856ad364e35_10.2.9200.20768_none_cb9c217038475766.manifest.   It is possible that this file is incomplete and therefore should not be restored."

Microsoft advises me that I should not delete this file.  It is a critical part of the operating system. 

I ran chkdsk on the OS partition and it found no errors.  I also ran scf /scannow twice.  The first time if found errors and successfully repaired them.  The second time scf found no errors.

Microsoft says this is a BackupExec issue.  The also recommended I run a Windows backup which I have not done yet.

There are no patches available for the media server when I check using Liveupdate.

Thanks

Bill

0 REPLIES 0