cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

System State backup fails

Niko_Turunen
Level 3

Hey,

I'm having problems with backing up Windows Server 2008 R2's system state. My problem is exactly same as in the post: http://www.symantec.com/connect/forums/system-state-backup-fails-error

I followed the instructions on that post to get debug log from job, but I cant find file that is in use from the log. Could I pm my log to someone who could take a look at it?

Niko Turunen

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

VJware
Level 6
Employee Accredited Certified

Here is the error:-

Status 0x0000007B returned calling FindFirstFile for \\?\GLOBALROOT\Device\HarddiskVolumeShadowCopy154\program files\java\jre6/bin/java.exe in brUtil::GenerateFileList

Correct the / to \ and this is typically for the ImagePath key under HKLM\System\CurrentControlSet\Services\<service name>\

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8

Steve-Young
Level 6
Employee

PM me the log. THanks.

Also what Version of Backup Exec?

Niko_Turunen
Level 3

Hey,

Version of Backup Exec is 2012 - 14.0 Re. 1798 (64bit)

I'll send you the log.

Niko_Turunen
Level 3

Hey,

Have you read the log file that I sent to you? 

VJware
Level 6

Would you attach the log over here as well ? Thanks.

Niko_Turunen
Level 3

Hey,

The log file contains names, ips, etc so I wouldnt like to post it anywhere public. I can send it to you aswell via pm. 

VJware
Level 6

That would be fine.

Niko_Turunen
Level 3

I have sent you the file now.

VJware
Level 6

Here is the error:-

Status 0x0000007B returned calling FindFirstFile for \\?\GLOBALROOT\Device\HarddiskVolumeShadowCopy154\program files\java\jre6/bin/java.exe in brUtil::GenerateFileList

Correct the / to \ and this is typically for the ImagePath key under HKLM\System\CurrentControlSet\Services\<service name>\