cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

System logon account "access denied"

Rav_Sohi
Level 2
Having upgraded to V10 we have had numerous problems but for the sake of my own sanity, i'll try and resolve one issue at a time. The system logon account can't access the Public Folder store on our exchange server. Have checked permissions and the system account is a member of domain admins with privileges to the whole network.
Have also explicitly added the system account to the security settings of the public folder store all to no avail.

Server details:
Windows Server 2000 SP4
BExec v10 SP1
Microsoft Exchange Server 2003
Overland Library
Sony AIT (internal) tape drive

another problem ( i know i said i wouldn't but...) is that windows device manager shows our Sony AIT tape drive as using SCSI ID0 which is incorrect. SCSI bios shows that the device is on ID3. Have uninstalled and reinstalled the Bexec and checked and updated drivers for both tape drive and SCSI card.

Many many thanks guys

Rav Sohi
1 REPLY 1

priya_khire
Level 6
Hello,

It seems that you backup a remote Exchange server and the public folders and receive the error 'access denied' for the system logon account. Are you able to backup Exchange mailboxes and Information store? What is the version of Exchange on the remote server?

Try creating a new account with Exchange Administrator or Exchange Full Administrator rights. If the issue persists, revert with the exact error message that you get in the backup job log.

Regarding the second problem, we suggest you to post another thread so that it will be easier for us to manage different issues properly.

Note : If we do not receive your reply within two business days, this post would be marked ‘assumed answered’ and would be moved to ‘answered questions’ pool.

Regards.