cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

System state not an option

worellana
Level 3
Hello all,

We currently have SBE 12.5 on our network. i installed  a windows remote agent on an exchange test environment. The installation was successful and i am able to select the storage groups. The issue i am having is i am not getting the option to select the system state. Can you please help?

Thanks in advanced
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Anup
Level 6
Certified

It seems you are backing up a clustered environment. When you browse a Virtual node , you can only see the clutstered resources.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6

Hemant_Jain
Level 6
Employee Accredited Certified
I am sorry, are you suggesting, you dont see system state in your backup selections? Could you please post a screenshot of your selections?

Thanks

Optimus_Prime
Level 5
Partner
System state may be  missing from the selection list due to multiple reasons. It could be due to a windows issue, may be a permissions issue as well or it could be something caused by the firewall blocking certain ports used by the Backup  Exec software.

worellana
Level 3
Jain,

Yes, System state is not an option in my backup selections. The only options i have are the hard drives and the information store for exchange

Symboy
Level 6
Accredited Certified
 Please Check if NTBACKUP sees what you don't see in Backup Exec.

Anup
Level 6
Certified

It seems you are backing up a clustered environment. When you browse a Virtual node , you can only see the clutstered resources.

worellana
Level 3
Anup,

Thanks for all your help. after further investigation this is exactly what the cause is.