cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SystemState: Disk Backup, Copy to Tape -> Maybe no file was backuped

Mike_P_
Level 2

Hello,

We have a Backup Job defined to backup some directories and SystemState to Disk media. After this another job copies data from that disk media to tape.

There was no error message logged but the log of the copy job shows that maybe no data was copied in SystemState copy job.I can see that some system objects were successfully backuped prior to disk with an specific amout of data. Exact this amount of data is mentioned in following tape copy job but it says that in the system state section of the job no file was copied but the amount of data is mentioned.

What could be the reason for this?

Best regards,

Mike

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

CraigV
Partner    VIP    Accredited

Hi Mike,

I assume you mean a duplicate job was run? Copying to tape isn't the way to go, and if you have done so, then create a duplicate-to-tape job to run after your primary backup job and see what the results are.

Thanks!

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

CraigV
Partner    VIP    Accredited

Hi Mike,

I assume you mean a duplicate job was run? Copying to tape isn't the way to go, and if you have done so, then create a duplicate-to-tape job to run after your primary backup job and see what the results are.

Thanks!

Mike_P_
Level 2

Hi CraigV,

thanks for your message and sorry for late Reply. Indeed it was a duplicate job. I do not know how to solve the issue. Is it possible to do a tape restore of system state data without to overwrite anything for a test?

Best regards,

Mike