cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TAPE WON'T EJECT

Dan_Carmi
Level 3
Hello. We just replaced our DLT tape drive with a new one (hardware issue). The problem we are having now is that after jobs complete, the tape will not eject until I restart the backup Exec services. There are no errors reported in Backup Exec.

Can anyone point me in the right direction?
3 REPLIES 3

Amruta_Bhide
Level 6
Hello Dan,

- Do you know if your Device supports Software Intervention for commands like eject tape etc?

- Are there any events in the Event logs?

Note : If we do not receive your reply within two business days, this post would be marked ?assumed answered? and would be moved to ?answered questions? pool.

Thanks.

Dan_Carmi
Level 3
It's a Dell DLTIV 160. I believe it supports software commands. Pelase keep in mind this has worked for a long time, and just stopped working when the drive was replaced (with an identical drive).

I can't even eject from the hardware eject button unless I restart the backup Exec services.

Nothing in the event log.

tejashree_Bhate
Level 6
Hello,

This seems to be a hardware related issue,hence we request you to contact your hardware vendor for resolving this issue

Note:- if we do not receive your reply within two business days, this post would be assumed answered and archived.