Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Tape pooling

benzod
Level 3
Hi All,

Wondering if you can help me with this.

I am running backup exec 9.1 on 2003.. I am using a 1 tape drive as well. What I would like to do is set it up so the backups will direct to adisk folder if the tape should ever fill up.

I created a pool... joined the devices to the pool as well as set the priority. However the pool does not work. I have looked over this many times but with no luck. I know I am missing something. Would anyone have an idea

Thanks
4 REPLIES 4

SANDEEP_PILLAY
Level 6
Hi,

When you create a drive pool, it is meant that when a backup job is about to run, it receives a storage device to store the data. Once the backup job is targeted to one of the devices in the drive pool, it will not redirect the backup job to another device due to any situation arised after the backup starts running. However, you can target the job to a backup to disk folder and then run a duplicate backup job when you have desired time for it. This may give you the flexibility with the tape drive as when the tape is filled up, it will prompt for another tape for completion of the backup job.

We hope this will help.

Rohit_Sonawale
Level 6
Certified
Kindly update us on this issue.

Sheetal_Risbood
Level 6
Hello,

In reference to our previous reply to your post, we would request you to update us on the progress.

However, if we do not receive your intimation within two business days, this post would be 'assumed answered' and archived.

Thanks.

Sheetal_Risbood
Level 6
Archiving the post as per our previous reply