cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Tape removal and insert notification

David_Baljet
Level 2
Hi,

I would like to recieve a notification when someone ejects the tape and inserts a tape. Or when someone forgets to change the tape.

We disabled the option "eject media after backup completes". If one of our costumers forgets to change the tape, a backup will be made on the same tape the next day. So we still have a backup when they forget to change.
Is it possible to be notified when Backupexec uses the same tape as the day before?
4 REPLIES 4

A_van_der_Boom
Level 6
You can use the 'Configure Alert categories' to configure alerts. As far as I know BE cannot be configured to send an alert when it uses the same tape as the day before.

Regards
A van der Boom

Deepali_Badave
Level 6
Employee
Hello,

You can refer the following technote to to configure the alerts:

http://support.veritas.com/docs/192055

NOTE : If we do not receive your reply within two business days, this post would be marked assumed answered and would be moved to answered questions pool.

David_Baljet
Level 2
I can label the media again with Day names. If the Thursday tape is used on the friday backup, will backupexec eject the tape and ask for the friday tape? If so, then I have a solution, because Backupexec will send a notification telling me to insert the correct media. I can give the customer a call to insert the correct tape.

Sharvari_Deshmu
Level 6
Hello,

We would like to inform you that according to media label notifications cannot be sent.

Thanks,

NOTE : If we do not receive your reply within two business days, this post would be marked assumed answered and would be moved to answered questions pool.