cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

bakup to tape always shows notification without success

sami2000
Level 4

Dear Experts

I have BE2014 insalled on windows 2008 R2 x64 and connected to tape library .

I would like to perform a backup to tape as I am new in using Backup exec with Tapes I did the follwing steps:

1) select the tape and lable it with tape1

2) assign it in scrached media

3) I had clicked on inventory 

4) I configured robotic partitioins as default in the wizard ( robotic lib 1-11 and robotic lib 11-23) means two partitions as in the default configuration.

5)lastely I tryed to perform backup job -->backup to tape but it is failed with notification of (please insert media into the protral...) I respond with OK but the same notification returned again.

sometimes I get notification of please insert tape in robotic lib with command .

I am not sure about may above configuration and I dont know how to solve this problem .

Looking for your help 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

pkh
   VIP    Certified
Run the vendor's diagnostics utility against the tape library. Make sure you select the write test and that you have stopped all the BE services beforehand. If there are any errors, get the vendor to fix them

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

pkh
   VIP    Certified
Why do you partition your library? If you have no good reason, then remove the partitions. BE will not be able to fetch a tape from another partition, thus causing your problem

sami2000
Level 4

I thought partitions used if I didnot have barcode as in my case.

sami2000
Level 4

Dear Experts 

all my backup jobs failed to tape I had checked the event log it shows I/O device error 

it seams my error not in BE but in the Hardware Tape Library as there is an error also in the log (adamm.log file ) of BE shows error in write.

pkh
   VIP    Certified
Partitions are not used as a replacement for barcode labels. Do remove them.

pkh
   VIP    Certified
Run the vendor's diagnostics utility against the tape library. Make sure you select the write test and that you have stopped all the BE services beforehand. If there are any errors, get the vendor to fix them