cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The Media Server was unable to connect to remote machine <Machine Name> using protocol IPv4 on network interface Local Area Connection.

David_Adler
Level 2
I have been fighting this problem with BE 12.0 for several days. Typically, the problem has been with one server on a different subnet, however, last night, it failed on a server that is on the same subnet as the media server.

Here are the errors...

Job History...
Error category    : Resource ErrorsError             : e0000f02 - The media server could not connect to the remote computer. The remote computer may not exist on the selected subnet. Try an alternative network interface, or allow Backup Exec to choose any available network interface.
For additional information regarding this error refer to link V-79-57344-3842

Job Log...
Job ended: Friday, March 27, 2009 at 1:36:05 AM
Completed status: Failed
Final error: 0xe0000f02 - The media server could not connect to the remote computer. The remote computer may not exist on the selected subnet. Try an alternative network interface, or allow Backup Exec to choose any available network interface.
Final error category: Resource Errors

For additional information regarding this error refer to link V-79-57344-3842

I have BE v12.0
  Media Server v12.0 Rev. 1364
  Admin Console v12.0 Rev 1364

I have SP3, Hot Fix 317974 and Hot Fix 319698 installed.

I can ping all of the servers from the media server. If I set up a job to backup just one of the problem servers, and run it now rather than schedule it, it runs OK. I can pass the authorization test on all of the servers.

If I try to run a single, all server job that is scheduled, I will typically get the error for servers on different subnets but as I stated earlier, last night I got the same error on a server on the same subnet.

I am using a DLink DGS-3612G layer 3 switch for my subnets, althought the fact that I can ping any of the servers from the media server makes me think this is not a routing issue.

Any ideas?

Thanks,

Dave
1 REPLY 1

David_Adler
Level 2