cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The image file C:\RANT64\setup.exe is valid, but is for a machine type othe

r_m_2
Level 3
Media Server: BENT 10.0 Rev 5520 on WS2k3 Std 32-bit
Remote Server: HP DL380 G4 with dual Xeon 3.6 GHz x64 CPU's running WS2k3 Enterprise 64-bit with SP1.

Trying to install RAWS 64-bit from local hard drive and this error occurs:

C:\RANT64>setupaa64.cmd
The image file C:\RANT64\setup.exe is valid, but is for a machine type other than the current machine.

What's the solution?

BTW, I called TS about this and they have not a clue. I'm so tired of waiting an hour on hold to get first level newbies and then when I ask for 2nd level, they demand I supply report after report after report. Forget it. I simply don't have that time. I did my due diligence. I searched the KB. I spent time investigating the proper way to install and it still didn't work. That's not MY fault.

Please come up with a better BEGATHER that more fully automates the process by emailing the neeeded files, including encrypting them before sending.

I'm about a inch away from dumping 50 licenses of BENT b/c troubleshooting the program has become a full time job and tech support hassles make it even more infuriating!

Does ANYONE at Symantec/Veritas give a whiff of interest about this????
6 REPLIES 6

Steve_Broomell
Level 4
Employee Accredited Certified
I believe there are two 64 bit agents: one for Itanium and one for x64. Are you sure you are installing the correct one?

Steve_Broomell
Level 4
Employee Accredited Certified
One more thing, there was a patch

http://support.veritas.com/docs/278576

priya_khire
Level 6
Hello,

Have you tried installing hotfix 2 as per suggested in the previous post? Does the problem persists still? If yes, do elaborate on the agent you have purchased and which is giving the error. Also provide the license number.

Before retrying the silent install of the agent, run the sgmon as per the following technote and check for errors in it:

http://seer.support.veritas.com/docs/190979.htm

Do update in either case.

Note : If we do not receive your reply within two business days, this post would be marked ‘assumed answered’ and would be moved to ‘answered questions’ pool.

Regards.

James_Wood
Not applicable
Anyone know what I can do if this patch does not act as it says it should?

Instructions say it will prompt me to open or save.. I get nothing, just an extract progress.

Where is it extracting to, and why does it not act as the instructions say it will?

Erik_Peterson_2
Not applicable
I was wondering if there is more resolution to this issue.  We have just set up a new Windorws Server 2003 R2 server with multiple processors.  I'm on 10d - 5629 Service Pack 1 and Hotfix 1.  I am just encountering it now.  I'm looking for Hotfix 2 and Hotfix 31.

Thank You.

shoemakerna
Not applicable
I am in the same boat as Erik is right now. We just build four new servers with Windows Server 2003 R2 x64 Edition. When I tried to install Veritas NetBackup from the ".....\Veritas NetBackup 5.1\PC_Clnt\IA64\setup.exe" directory, I receive the following error message:

"The image file C:\Documents and Settings\username\My Documents\Veritas NetBackup 5.1\PC_Clnt\IA64\setup.exe is valid, but is for a machine type other than the current machine.

Can someone please shed some light on how to fix this issue? Thanks!