cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The job completed successfully. However, the following conditions were encountered:

mirna1144
Level 3

i in stalled Agent for MSSQL data base in backup exec 2012, but show me error about credential & some logon account error,

i create user logon on ms sql 2008 RTM with full access same "SA" user, also first in test credential show me succeed, also shoew data base in server,means user and pass is ok, but make backup & finally logged backup with exeptions.

also in event viewer of server with ms sql show error from backup exec sql error with code 4818.

can u help me?

thanks

12 REPLIES 12

mirna1144
Level 3

also i attached some screen shots from my server,

version of my backup exec server is 2008,

windows server version of my sql server is 2003 R2,

version of sql server is 2008 R2

thnaks

mirna1144
Level 3

also i attached some screen shot from exeption,

in some forum read about this problem somebody said must disable AOFO for sql database backup,

is it true?

it means must disable snapshot technology for sql backup?

pkh
   VIP    Certified
Yes, you should disable AOF when you backup SQL databases. Otherwise you may have problems when you do a redirected restore. You should post all the error messages from the job log

Lothar_Müller
Level 5
Partner Accredited

You can check the permissions of the accounts you use for backup.

The acccount needs rights in the SQL instance to exract data from the SQL instance

Local Admin is not always in the right role in the instance.

Grant dbo permision to the acount and test again.

If this was helpful please mark this as solution.

mirna1144
Level 3

if i disable AOFO means disable snapshot technology, when i want make backup until my softwares running some of my services crash & go stop because backup system want to use transaction log-maybe lock it for few second,so i can't use normal backup, i bought backup exec only for this, if it doesn't work means...

mirna1144
Level 3

dear Lothar Muller:

i attached some screen shots u can see i set all of permission rights for user used in backup exec for make backup from sql database

CraigV
Partner    VIP    Accredited

If you require AOFO, then split your backups off from each other...DB backups don't use AOFO, and enable AOFO when backing up files, folders and system state etc.

I did so with BE 2010 and it worked very well.

Thanks!

Lothar_Müller
Level 5
Partner Accredited

Seems to be OK

Have you tried disabling AOFO in ths job,like CraigV said? 

If this was helpful please mark this as solution.

mirna1144
Level 3

as i said if i disbale AOFO until backuping database some of my services will be crashed & stop,

also i test without AOFO(snapshot technology) & some of my services crashed & it's very dangerous for my factory until production.

thanks.

CraigV

...have you run SQL consistency checks to make sure the SQL DBs are consistent?

Otherwise it might be time to log an official support call with Symantec, and post back here with an update.

Thanks!

mirna1144
Level 3

what's SQl consistent?

can u guide me what's it & how can do it?

thanks

CraigV

...there are checks within SQL Manager that can see if the database is consistent...you'd need to check the Microsoft forums on how to do this.

If you are unsure, rather log the call with Symantec, and update your query when they help you find a solution.

Thanks!