cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The job failed with the following error: Physical Volume Library Drive not available.

curioustoknow
Level 3

backup stopped working and logs showing error:

The job failed with the following error: Physical Volume Library Drive not available.

I have attached a screenshot of the devices

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

pkh
   VIP    Certified
When you target a NAS, the BESA must be added as a local admin and given full read/write access to the entire volume. If the NAS can join the domain, then just give full read/write access to the BESA

View solution in original post

11 REPLIES 11

lmosla
Level 6

Hi,  Here is a KB for this error http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH53032

curioustoknow
Level 3

I tried that link and no luck, when I try to run a backup I receive the following error, even though my device backup has a lot of space left

The backup-to-disk device is out of free space.

Either create additional free space on the disk volume where this backup-to-disk folder resides, or go to the Job Monitor and cancel the job.

Respond OK after performing one of these actions.

when trying to create a new backup to disk folder, at the end I receive access denied.,

lmosla
Level 6

Sounds like a permissions issue. Is it possible the permissions got changed on the device?  see if this helps: http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH188059

pkh
   VIP    Certified
As the error message said the targeted disk is full, you need to free up space on the disk. Defining a new B2D folder will not help

pkh
   VIP    Certified
As the error message said the targeted disk is full, you need to free up space on the disk. Defining a new B2D folder will not help

curioustoknow
Level 3
The backup drive has plenty of free space so that's not the issue

pkh
   VIP    Certified
Is the targeted disk a USB disk attached to a remote server? If so you should connect it directly to the media server server.

curioustoknow
Level 3

Its a NAS DRIVE  Device, I can access from any computer just fine, able to read/write to it

I also tried another backup location in our network and I receive the same error: access denied

I just deleted all the backup to disk folder and I am planning on recreating them from scratch, looking at my device Pool settings, should I be changing anything?

it seems like I can do backup to disk to a local server c:\ location but I am unable to use a network location to back up data

pkh
   VIP    Certified
When you target a NAS, the BESA must be added as a local admin and given full read/write access to the entire volume. If the NAS can join the domain, then just give full read/write access to the BESA

curioustoknow
Level 3

the BESA is added as a local admin and has full read/write

curioustoknow
Level 3

I finally got it working. one last question is why in the devices its showing "low disk space" eventhough my NAS drive has plenty of space left.

is there certain setting I need to do when creating a new backup disco to folder. I jueft left everything default