cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The job failed with the following error: The network path was not found

fussi
Level 3

Hi

I receive this error every diff. backup I make doing a week (mon-fri.) - the full backup in the weekend runs with out problems.

"Error copying the machine specific Intelligent Disaster Recovery information to alternate data path \\"Server"\SymantecDisaster\. The path could not be found.

Its on another server and it works fine, when I do a normal connect to the share.

I have read something about problems with IDR on "non-full" (not the best word to use) backup.

Our setup

Windows 2008 SBS

Backupexec V.12.5

/K.

8 REPLIES 8

AmolB
Employee Accredited Certified

Have you checked the below article

http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH55840

Try specifying a different path 

fussi
Level 3

Yes I have already checked that.

When I do a full backup there's no errors.

fussi
Level 3

Not anyone who can help???

CraigV
Partner    VIP    Accredited

..have you made sure that your version of BE 12.5 is fully patched with the latest patches from Symantec, and that these have been push-installed to your remote servers?

pkh
   VIP    Certified

1) Did you check that the .dr file is actually created when you run the full backup?

2) Can you access the path using the BE logon id, i.e. the id that runs the backup job?

Vinothkumar
Level 3

Hope the system which you are backing up you are having the SymantecDisaster recovery which got installed or you using the symantec Disasted recovery to perform the DR

Hope you can ignore this error to ovoid this you can modify the selection list from backup exec.

Note : SymantecDisaster recovery will take care of the DR backup, hence its not required when you perform a backup in backup exec

fussi
Level 3

The servers are fully patched.

The .dr files are created on every full backup, but a weird thing is that this morning the diff. backup ran OK only with some exceptions?? And the .dr files were updated.

The BE logon account is a domain admin, and at the moment the share where the files are located has everyone full access to, but that doesn't seems to help - except the newly taken backup.

I can always logon to the server and open the share, that has never been a problem.

/K.

BBDC
Not applicable

Fussi, did you get resolution yet?

I believe the issue is related to the "Log On" properties of the various Backup Exec services.  I currently have them all running as the "Local System Account" with "Allow service to interact with desktop".  And the DR copy to the alternative path fails.

I'm fairly certain that the Log On setting is the issue as I recently changed the backup account password. And at the same time all the services were all set to use the "Local System Account".

Additionally, I can run the DR copy manually logged in as the backup account, and it successfully copies the DR files.

I'm sure the "Local System Account" doesn't have rights to the alternative storage location for the DR files.  So which BE service(s) needs the "Log On" setting to use the backup account, to automatically copy the DR files?

Thanks,

BBDC