cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The local image is out of control with Desktop Agent

Anders_Torvesti
Level 3
Hi,

On one of my clients the local storage (on the notebook) is increasing so there is nothing left of the harddrive. I had to uninstall theVeritas Backup Exec Desktop Agent and erase some files to prevent the system to go down. It seems that the local image just duplicates itself over and over again.

The usage summary says:
Network Usage: 2.3 GB
Local Usage: 32 GB

Question 1:
Where is the local image stored? Is it possible to delete it after have uninstall the Desktop Agent?

Question 2:
Why is this happend? Is there problems with Outlook PST-files that is 1-2 GB?

Qustion 3:
How do I prevent this from happend again?

Regards Anders
3 REPLIES 3

Amruta_Purandar
Level 6
Hello,

This may happen if the number local revisions are high or they occupy more disk space.

Please refer the following technote to keep the number of local to a minimum required.
Title:
How to add/modify the number of file revisions in VERITAS Backup Exec (tm) Desktop and Laptop Option
http://support.veritas.com/docs/268783

Please revert with the results.

NOTE : If we do not receive your reply within two business days, this post would be marked
assumed answered and would be moved to answered questions pool.

Anders_Torvesti
Level 3
Hi,

perfect!

But how do I delete the Local User Data Folder?

I have removed the DLO agent software, but the harddrive is still almost full. All the files must be somewhere?

I have recieved no answer on this issue, and I still have a problem with a full harddrive.

Regards AndersMessage was edited by:
Anders

Sharvari_Deshmu
Level 6
Hello,

If you want to delete the LUDF folder you will have to delete it manually.
By uninstalling the desktop agent the folder will not be deleted.

Thanks,

NOTE : If we do not receive your reply within two business days, this post would be marked "assumed answered" and would be moved to "answered questions" pool.