cancel
Showing results forΒ 
Search instead forΒ 
Did you mean:Β 

The requested source duplicate backup sets catalog record could not be found

mlimtl2
Level 2
Hi,

It seems that the only response to the problem "The requested source duplicate backup sets catalog record could not be found" when we using Duplication in Policy is to delete all (policy, job and somtime selection) and redo it. My problem with this ? I have over 50 policies that are responsible for 300 jobs and every day 3 or 4 duplication failed with the same %$@##@ error ... "The requested source duplicate backup sets catalog record could not be found"

I have try to delete all and recreate, I even reinstall BE on another server. So I had to came to te conclusion that Policy don't work well in BE 11d (all patched as last week). Today I decide to delete all policies and do all by separate job only to find out that only one duplication is possible by job and there is no rules to chain job or supersede one over another ...

At the price of we paid for BE and all the agents I begin to question myself ... maybe I don't use the product the way it supposed to so here what I want to do ...

We have about 30 servers plus 1 Exchange and 10 SQL servers ...
B2D : Sunday full backup, every other day incremential, keep all backup on disk for one month
B2T : Duplicate on tape the data of the day only. I have a group of tape for weekend (full backup) and another group for daily backup

Any Idea how it can be done with BE without problem or do people use something else when they have "enterprise" needs ?

0 REPLIES 0