cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Time Change Affecting Scheduled Jobs

Matt_Vaughan
Level 4
Why have we still not resolved this issue once and for all? I came into the office this morning and all my jobs which kick off at 11PM were now launching a day earlier, at 12AM.

Symantec, you are not making this any easier for administrators.
4 REPLIES 4

Tim_Bizz
Level 4
That is what I am wondering. 8.6 did not have this issue yet here we have Version 10d and we cannot get one simple piece of Code done. Instead they worry about putting Symantec's Name on the Product.

Put the Code in, test it, then send the patch out. Clearly it does not take from version 8.6 to 10D to make a Simple change and then test it?

Sorry for ranting but it gets Frustrating after a while

Eric_Angwin
Not applicable
So I came in the morning to find about 10 servers tried to run backups last night at midnight that were supposed to be scheduled for 11pm tonight.

All of our servers running older versions of BE (pre 8.6) did not have any problems.

A fix or update would be appreciated.

Fred_Cabbage
Not applicable
Make me number three that is experiencing this problem. this is why I don't use SAV anymore. though otherwise, BE 10 seems to be working fine.

Harold_Roberts
Level 3
You guys aren't the only ones. I realized my servers in my office did the same think, and checked my clients, at all of my clients we had to change the backups time to run. I told the other techs to check their clients also. Of the 150 clients we have that use BE.... Guess what? All of them had the same issue. none of the 45 clients that run Arcserve had this issue.

What is up Symantec? Please fix the Problem. I know that the majority of your tech support and possibly your programmers are not in the US, however if you want to sell a product in the US, you might want to think about the fact that we do observe daylight savings time here.