cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Trial Version BUE 2010, Cannot Backup to Buffalo Terastation Device

trbbhm
Level 2
I'm on day 1 of my 60-day trial of BackupExec 2010 and I can't seem to create a new backup-to-disk folder for my Buffalo Terastation Pro NAS.  Whenever I try to access the teraserver from within BUE I get a message saying "failed to log on to <teraserver>.....the directory or file was not found, or could not be accessed."  

BUE prompts me to use another logon account, and I've tried several unsuccessfully, including:
- BUE system logon account (domain admin account)
- domain admin account (domainadmin@domain.local)
- the user account that I use to logon to my terastation remote admin website

My teraserver is connected directly to my switch via ethernet cable, I have AD integration enabled on the teraserver and very recently refreshed, I've created shares on the teraserver, I can see these shares from Explorer, I can map drives to these shares.
5 REPLIES 5

Davan
Level 3

does the account that BE runs as, have permissions to the files/folders/shares on the teraserver?

trbbhm
Level 2

Yes.  The account that BE runs has permissions to the files/folders/shares on teraserver.

I just noticed something strange though.  when setting up the new "backup-to-disk" folder, BUE will not let me navigate or browse to the teraserver folder in the traditional tree structure.  If I specifiy the UNC path directly without "browsing", then the device gets configured properly in BUE and I can submit backup jobs to that device/folder.  Why???

So for now it seems to work if I do not attempt browse to the directory.

SK113
Not applicable
I am having a same problem, is there a solution to this

teiva-boy
Level 6
So just to be clear, when you assign permissions on the terrastation, you are doing it NOT from an NTFS perspective, but actually creating a local account in the Terrastation, that matches the BE service account credentials right?

Sush---
Level 6
Employee Accredited Certified
Hello there,
    The account which is used in Backup Exec needs to be added to the Administrators on the Buffalo Terastation. You can perform this operation from the Administrative console (web page) of the Terastation. Also as you said that the Buffalo Terastation is integrated with AD, you will not have to create a new account on the Terastation but can use the same account which is used in Backup Exec and is present in AD.