cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Trial version SQL agent removal

desbaw
Level 2

I installed the trial SQL agent for BUEXEC 12.5.  The trial period has finished and my backups are coming up as "Failed".  I need to remove the SQL option but there is no place in the backup job properties to turn it off.  How do I get it removed? 

4 REPLIES 4

VJware
Level 6
Employee Accredited Certified

Do not select the SQL databases in your backup job

Also, click on Tools - Install Options & License keys - Click next & un-check the Agent for SQL option & proceed with next till the wizard completes

EDIT*** Also, edit the selection of the backup job & click on View By selection details tab..ensure there is no line such as ServerName\BKUPEXEC\*.*"  or  "\BKUPEXEC\*.*"..if there is, delete it

desbaw
Level 2

I have gone thru the Tools - Install Options & License Keys and the Agent for SQL is not checked, but when I click next the summery shows it as an option that will be installed.  I have deselected the SQL databases, but hope that the manual SQL backup files will continue to get backed up.

VJware
Level 6
Employee Accredited Certified

right, you would deselect the Agent for SQL option & click on Install...this would remove this agent

RahulG
Level 6
Employee

Refer the following document

http://www.symantec.com/business/support/index?page=content&id=TECH62718

To get your backup job successful you would need to modify the selction list , by removing the selection for the SQl instance which you selected which you can , from selection details .