cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Trying to backup Snap Server: Authentication failed

Jeremy_Kepf
Level 2
Symantec does a backup for 4 or 5 other servers each night, no problem. But this Snap Server I have, when I go to back it up, I get the following error message:

"Authentication failed on connection to the server - Make sure that the user has the appropriate permission and that the password was typed correctly"

Normally I would think this would be a password issue. But the permissions, user name, password, securities, etc, are all set the same way as the other 5 servers that backup properly.

I have deleted and re-entered all the backup info from scratch quite a few time, but to no avail.

Does anyone know if there something with Snap Servers that Symantec isn't compatible with?

Or is there anything else you can think of for me to try?
4 REPLIES 4

Jeremy_Kepf
Level 2
Yikes, no one knows either...

Thats OK, We have 2 Snap Servers and both Veritas backups fail the same way. So I am thinking it must be a Snap Server / Veritas compatibility issue.

Oh well...

Ken_Putnam
Level 6
Have you looked at the NDMP Option http://support.veritas.com/docs/284987 , rather than just doing a TCP/IP backup?

Sharvari_Deshmu
Level 6
Hello,

We request you to update us regarding this issue.

Thanks,

Randy_Blasik
Level 4
SNap Server should be able to hook into windows active directory. If it is you must allow the account that's backing up the other servers full access to everything on that snap server you want to backup. Remember there are two places in Snap you must use to allow full access. Security and Access.

Be careful not to select the OS_Private folder as it will duplicate your backup efforts on the Snap server.

You can test authentication and it should work. I have BE11d backup up a dual 120GB snap server.....