cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

USB drive not selectable

bill_dunn
Level 3

I've been wrestling with BE2012's backup-to-disk.  I had a disk configured and in the course of setting up this server I filled up that disk.  I wasn't able to purge the disk using BE so I removed it as a BE storage device, and reformatted the disk.  Now I'm trying to add it back into BE as a storage device.  When I run the Configure Storage wizard it won't give me that disk as choice.

The disk is bare.  What else to I have to do to get BE to allow me to select that disk as a backup-to-disk destination again?

Thanks

Bill

3 REPLIES 3

VJware
Level 6
Employee Accredited Certified

Is there another USB disk configured as a Disk Storage ? If yes, do confirm the disk id for the second USB is not the same. Use this post - https://www-secure.symantec.com/connect/blogs/changing-diskid

Secondly, how does this USB disk appear in the Device Manager ? If it appears as fixed disk, use Disk Storage and if it appears as removable, use Disk Cartridge option during configure storage wizard.

bill_dunn
Level 3
Yes, there is a second USB disk but they both have unique disk IDs. I changed the ID of the disk I can't see to see if that would help but I still can't see that disk from the Configure Storage wizard.

Kunal_Mudliyar1
Level 6
Employee Accredited

In the Configure Storage screen are you selecting Disk storage or Disk Cartridge Device?

Is it showing the same behaviour on both ?

Also please make sure you have Service Pack 2 installed by running the live updates OR downloading and installing.

Backup Exec 2012 revision 1798 Service Pack 2.