cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to Erase, Inventory tapes - job is queued then fails with error e00081d9

Adent
Level 3

When trying to erase or inventory tapes the job goes straight to queued, waits ten minutes then says communication stalled and finally fails after 15 minutes with error e00081d9 - The Backup Exec job engine system service is not responding.

I've tried restarting the services, rebooting, rebooting the tape drive, using different tapes. 

The backups are going to tape with no problem, I just can't run erase jobs. 

Using Backup exec 12 rev 1364, using HP MSL 6030 LTO 3 TAPE LIBARY with BE drivers. 

Appreciate any help. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Adent
Level 3

Thanks for your reply.

Got it working by doing what you suggested before removing the tape drive from device manager then rebooting the server.  When it came back online I had to bounce the services again, but after that everything seems fine.

Cheers!

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

NBGH_Support
Level 3

did you try this?

https://forums.symantec.com/syment/board/message?board.id=be12_hardware&thread.id=247

I posted this problem as well and solved my problem by doing what the above post told me (pausing and unpausing the server). 

Adent
Level 3

Thanks for your reply.

Got it working by doing what you suggested before removing the tape drive from device manager then rebooting the server.  When it came back online I had to bounce the services again, but after that everything seems fine.

Cheers!

GrayFog
Level 3

@NBGH_Support: Thank you very much for your hint! I never ever thought that "pausing" the server for a short time is (still) a solution for an inventory problem.

Message Edited by BlackFog on 08-14-2008 10:44 AM