cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to Open BE 12 Console

thelaststop720
Level 4

When I try to open the BE 12 Console on my workstation, I get the following error:

"The configuration file that is listed is corrupt. Backup Exec cannot continue. You must delete the user.config file, and then restart the Backup Exec user interface."

I found the user.config file under my profile folder and deleted it. Same thing. Uninstall/reinstall. Same issue. I then created a new local profile for myself and installed the console again. Same thing. Now there isn't even a user.config file where I found the previous one. So I went to my laptop and copied the one from there to my desktop. Same issue. What's the deal? Any ideas?

Thanks,

Jeff

1 REPLY 1

Wocka
Level 2

I wasn't getting that error message but iN my event viewer I was getting errrors for .NET2.

Source: .NET Runtime 2.0 Error Reporting

Category: None 

Event ID:1000 

Faulting application bkupexec.exe, version 12.0.1364.112, stamp 480e0981, faulting module kernel32.dll, version 5.2.3790.4062, stamp 46264680, debug? 0, fault address 0x0000bee7.

For more information, see Help and Support Center at http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/events.asp.

Veritas support told me to uninstall .NET 2 / Reboot / then re install.NET 2 from the Veritas CD/ Reboot.

I was then able to get back into the console once more.

This happend to me twice, just after upgrading form BE V11 to BE V12. When the LiveUpdate ran to update and patch the server it corrupted something.