cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to access resources

Michael_Smith_3
Level 3
Running a Windows 2000 SErver with Vertias 9.1 Rev 4691 with AOFO.

A recent backup reported the following error

Final error: 0xa000846b -
Device could not be backed up because an error occurred while connecting to the Remote Agent for Windows Servers.
Make sure that the Remote Agent for Windows Servers is running on the target computer.

The interesting thing is that this server does not touch any remote servers on our network. It backups data from its local hard drives.

I then proceeded to go into the Job setup of the backup and when I went into the Job Properties and selected the Local Drive I got this error message

An error was encounted while attempting to browse the contents of D: The remote procedure call failed.

I then noticed the services icon goes from being online to offiine. I enabled the services again and tried the above process again, only to replicate the same error message and again the sevices icon went offline.

A reboot of this server does not remedy the problem.

Checked all credentials have the appropiate access.

Any other suggestions to look at
7 REPLIES 7

Gilly-Bhoy
Level 6
Partner
Is the server Networked?

Michael_Smith_3
Level 3
Yes its Networked to our Domain.

The server does not access any otehr remote servers for any requirments

Bin_Fang_2
Level 4
It looks like your Remote Agent on your media server is corrupted. For more details, see Symantec Document ID: 240971.

Michael_Smith_3
Level 3
This does not have any remote ability nor has the remote agent installed. So I can not see how this can be a corruption on the Remote Agent.

It just has server and AOFO license keys only.

Michael_Smith_3
Level 3
Ive just done a repair of Veritas as per http://support.veritas.com/docs/253199

After a reboot of the server, same problem.

Ken_Putnam
Level 6
As of v9.0 ALL data access is done via the "remote agent", even local backups

Michael_Smith_3
Level 3
After doing a couple re-installs and still coming up with the same error. We have upgraded to Version 10d on this particular server and so far no further occurrences of the issues

Thanks to those who responded.